Different jobs require different amounts of pressure and flow to get the job done without causing damage; how much is needed for your task?
Around the House:
If you are in Atlanta pressure washing around your house, you can rent equipment and do it yourself, or hire a bonded commercial firm like Sunshine Window Cleaning. But if you do it yourself, how do you know how much pressure to use for the job? To wash your siding, wash your car or clean your deck low pressure is all you need 1,500 to 2,000 PSI. (Most Coin-Op car washes use about 700psi)
Low Pressure Washing
When Sunshine Window Cleaning does the pressure washing of your house it could be better described as a chemical rinse. To protect your exterior surface, very little pressure is used; in fact, it could be compared to the pressure that comes from your garden hose. It is the cleaning solution that cleans your house. This procedure is also used on wooden items like decks, play areas, fences, and patio furniture.
High Pressure Washing
For concrete cleaning, pressure washing Atlanta driveways or to clean barnacles off boat hulls you are better off with commercial duty at least 3,000 PSI to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time. For concrete (driveways, patios, and sidewalks) Sunshine uses very high pressure; 3,500 PSI. No chemical is used because it is sheer pressure that cleans the concrete.
High and Low Flow
The other thing to consider when pressure washing Atlanta homes is the amount of water the unit will push out at a time. Volume is important for rinsing horizontal surfaces or surface cleaning machines. If you are cleaning vertical surfaces, or excess water is a problem, a low flow/high-psi unit is the better option.
Pressure is good for cleaning, but to rinse you need a quantity of water to push the dirt across the horizontal surface. If what you are cleaning comes off easily, but you need to push a lot of dirt be sure to use a high-volume unit with adequate horsepower to get the job done.
Pressure Washing Tips If You Do It Yourself
- When pressure washing it is best to wash with the wand aimed downward. At times you have to point it upward, though, especially under soffits.
- Always follow the general rule not to drive water directly into cracks or gaps, and avoid shooting water up into soffit vents.
- It is especially dangerous to wash directly underneath shingles, because they can be easily moved and are difficult to replace.
- Stay away from electrical devices like lights and outlets. You can easily cause a short circuit or break them.
- If you are using an electric pressure washer, make sure it is equipped with the Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI), to protect yourself from possible electrical shocks.
- The most common mistake made by DIY pressures washers is stripping loose paint and gouging the wood or other surfaces. This will leave you with time-consuming, difficult wood repairs.
- If you will be applying sealer or paint, make sure the wood is completely dry before you begin.
Outstanding job! Geovanni and Juan cleaned my windows inside and out today. Sparkling clean! Thank you!
Perfect. I called Sunshine Window Cleaning at 2:20 this afternoon and asked if it would be possible to have the technicians come today. Chris and Andre returned my call quickly and said they would be over within 30 minutes. They were. They cleaned each window pane by hand and took special care as the windows are originals that were installed when the house was built in 1931. Good Day, Sunshine! Thank you . . . the windows are sparkling clean.
On October 13, 2016 I had my windows cleaned along with a chandelier. The man's name was Buka. He had a good appearance, wore socks over his shoes and did an excellent job. Better than I've had for a long time. He represented your company very well. Was polite and business like.